VGA to HDMI compatibility issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nelsonfh29

Hello, I have a Dell U2412M monitor that I wanted to connect to my PS4. Since the monitor does not have an HDMI connection and only support VGA, DVI-D and DisplayPort, I bought a GE 33588 HDMI to VGA Adapter. The problem is that it does not detect the PS4 and I don't know if it is because of the compatibility. I tried to connect the VGA cable with the adapter to my Asus X555LAB and it worked perfectly fine, so the problem is not the VGA cable nor the adapter. Thank you for your time.

Oddba11

Jim
Could be the adapter or the PS4. There could be a compatibility issue between the adapter and the PS4.

In any case, it should work if you actually have HDCP disabled.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online