vga to hdmi mac mini trouble ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

purely00business

I have a new mac mini late 2014 I'm pretty. Well I have this vga to hdmi cable and it all connected fine but I'm still not getting anything on my monitor it just goes into power saver mode. All help is highly appreciated.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi purely00business, and welcome to TSG.

What kind of a cable are you using? Most devices only output serial digital video on their HDMI ports and VGA is only analog video. You would need powered electronics to convert between HDMI and VGA signals.

Per the Apple web site, your post 2009 Mac mini may be able to use an Apple Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter to connect a VGA monitor it.

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT3235

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online