VHS to DVD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lschul

What is the process for taking home movies and converting them to DVDs? Special software? Wires? I have Nero 6 ultra edition and I think that will work.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The process will involve a video capture card device or card, since you have analog video and audio from your VHS player. Most video capture packages come with enough software to capture the movies and then you can burn them with Nero.

lschul

Thanks, where do I find more out about this package?

Hey this is dimmie:p ..... I just went thru this whole process with a converter that i bought about a year ago ( last xmas to be exact) !!
Check into (convert X) by plextar, it came with a converter that runs thru a usb port , so you dont have to open your machine to put in another video card, cables to hook it to a vcr, and an (s cable) hook up to go to a dvd , i have it on my desk top, its portable so if you want to remove it, its no big deal, it comes with conversion soft ware and menu making features to make your home movies look really cool, i took old home movies, and made a 45 min DVD for all my family members this past summer.....they thought i was a Hollywood Producer !! ...any way just wanted you to know whats out there
if your interested , or have more questions give me a shout .................:)

lschul

Thanks, I will look in to this and get back to you, thanks hollywood man!

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I have the Adaptec VideoOh! that connects to USB ports for video capture. Same idea. :)

lschul

Are these basically "boxes" that things run through? All I need is that, I think, I have the computers and software, etc.

This is a basic capture device, one end is usb, the other has an s-video jack, & threee rca jacks one for video (yellow) and two for sound (R & L stero speakers.

Cost anywhere from about $29 (usd) on up.

Attachments

ya , :) mine is more of a small box that i have sitting in side my desk on top of my computer, about 6 inch X 1 inch with the usb cable running out back , the front panel has a Video slot , and left/right audio in put, all cables came with the kit , depending on how fast your computer is will be the test, !! I have a dell pent. III 1000mgh 512 meg ram and thats about as slow of a machine that you want to run it on, I like it cause the soft ware will let me upload from the source to my hard drive , edit it into any different sceen selections, move them around if you want, add voice over ( if you have a mic), or fade in and fade out back round music, then you can add a beginning menu theme to the front or the video, add jumps to different scenes if you want < then the soft ware will convert it to a dvd for you and your done >>> i tred to add an attachment to this log but gut google it >>>>> plextar convertx they run from 49.00 to a couple hundred, depending on what you need it to do , mine was 90 i think

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online