vhs to mpeg?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

at_random

What's the easiest and least costly way to convert material on vhs tapes to mpeg or some other video format?

The easiest way is if you have a video card that accepts input from a VHS recorder or player. For example, I have an ATI All-in-Wonder and all I have to do is hook up my VCS or Camcorder and ATI has software that captures the video and saves it in mpeg format.

I was also wondering about how to convert vhs to mpeg or mpeg 2 format. Could you explain more about this card, and exactly how do you take video from your vcr and put it into your computer as a mpeg or mpeg 2 file?

Thanatos3a

It's My Birthday!
The ATI program will allow you to watch the VHS while it records to a file format, of your chosing, onto your HD. Be REAL sure to read up on the file types, resolutions, and audio quality before beginning. The file size might be MUCH larger than you anticipate in the end. If you desire to burn them to CD or DVD, be sure to note the size of the file.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online