1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VIA 3.0 USB root hub code 31 problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BigRob215275, Dec 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRob215275

BigRob215275 Thread Starter

via usb 3 root problem
    Hi guys, ive spent days on this problem to no avail,hoping somebody could please help me. I have a VIA usb 3 root hub,this device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31). I have tried uninstalling and rebooting, a couple of microsoft fixes but the problem persists. A new chipset driver has been mentioned on some sites ive visited but i am not very technical and dont know if this would work or even what chipset to get. I have a toshiba sattelite C650D with win 7 64. Really hoping one of you guys could help or point me in the right direction. Thanks

Now I have the same problem as above with a Toshiba Satellite C650D -026 running Windows 7 64bit . WHY DID NO ONE HELP JULIE above and is anyone going to help me now?

Why has'nt Windows(n) sent out an update to fix this common problem with this usb driver? Are they trying to push people to but Windows 8 :mad:because i have had enough of windows products :p and am going to purchase a MacPro :cool: but would like to fix this box first. Can anyone direct me to the driver fix for this Via USB problem/?

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    As far as drivers go, you don't get drivers from Microsoft (unless they are the manufacturer of the device needing the driver), you get the proper drivers from the System manufacturer or the device manufacturer, In this Case from Toshiba.

Microsoft can't make driver for every device that can run in a windows environment. While drivers for 3rd party devices may be included from Windows updates, they are not necessarily the most up to date driver available.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081091

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice