Via 4in1 drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sro

Have Soyo untra platinum k333 and am trying to install Via 4in1 drivers. The drivers seem to come off the soyo disk fine, but where do they go??? When the system reboots and it starts to ask me for the drivers, I can't find them!! It also asks for the viagart.cat and viamach.cat files where are these??? I have looked everywhere that I can think of. I'm probably missing something simple. Thanks!!!!

sro

Thanks for the reply; I honestly think I am ok with the ones that came with the mobo; my prob is that I can't get them to load when asked for because I can't find them on my c drive. I would like to give them a chance. If I do go get the latest ones will the load be more automatic? or will I be in the same position but with a new set?

TY

sro

Oh well I loaded the udated drivers as you suggested and rebooted it went through its startup drill and then the screen went dark. That's it. Needless to say I went to Safe mode and uninstalled them. Then installed the one's that came w/ my mobo and rebooted and when the various "bridge" hardware were detected I again tried to find the viagarts etc to no avail. I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHERE ALL THESE FILES EXIST WHEN MY HARDWARE IS DETECTED AND ASKS FOR THE DRIVERS AND FILES.

THANKS

SRO

Put your driver disk in your cd drive and when it asks for them explore the cd and point windows to the drivers on there. I had to do this once with an old board I had and it is a pain but with diligence can be done. Worth a try.

Triple6

Rob
if they install correctly then windows should automatically find them - they are automatically installed into the proper system locations for the most part. Click next through all the screens without putting any check marks next to floppy, cdrom, or any of the options. If it doesn't find them do a search(find) in windows for the missing files. I think it puts them in windows\temp or a folder within that directory.

sro

Found all the missing files my 4in1 setup was looking for on the net. I had checked everywhere on my drives. . . wern't there!!
Now every couple of hours I get a blue screen error whining abourt Vxd. What's up with that?

Thanks!!!

we would need to know your version of Windows and the exact text of the error message to help......

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
FWIW, I've only seen one example where the VIA drivers did any good, have you considered running without them?

sro

"Exeption OE ocured @ 0028:C000943b VXD: Vmm 0000843b
called from 0028:C00514 DC in VxD VPICD (01)+0000099c"

Hasn't happened for a bit so the exact order of the above might be suspect.

Thanks!!!

sro

I could try to run without the Via 4in1 but what do I use instead?

Won't my machine keep asking for drivers for the new harware??

TY

sro

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Well, I've also never seen a VIA equipped machine asking for the 4-in-1 drivers. either. :) I believe they're principally to optimize some of the aspects of the VIA chipset, but the system runs without them in most cases. If it didn't run without them, how would you ever get Windows installed on a VIA chipset board?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online