1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VIA OHCI IEEE 1394 Host Controller Driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by campijr, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. campijr

campijr Thread Starter

I am having some issues with the stability provided by the VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE1394 Host Controller on my almost new HP Slimline PC. The Firewire post recognizes my external WD hard drive, but sometimes the drive will simply vanish only to reappear on restart. I'm thought that maybe updating the driver for the VIA Firewire device might just help the device be more stable or resolve my issue. The current driver provided on the pc for the device is dated 6/21/06 Version 6.0.6001.18000. I've searched the net, but can't quite find a updated driver for this VIA Firewire device. Does anyone know where I might be able to download a new driver for the device?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!