viavoice 9 install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cjb1usa

I have a new machine with the newest win2k sp3, when I start the viavoice install it tells me my antivirus program is interefering, generates errors and shuts down the install. I have not yet installed any antivirus software. The machine is a dual 2.4 xeon, 533fsb, 3gb ram, scsi raid 5 for C: drive, dual u320 scsi, (it did the same thing when I tried to install on a single drive), SB audigy II, DVrex-m1, raedon 9700, ide cdrw and dvd rom, I even tried to install it first after a reformat and install of audio and video drivers but before anything else. Seems like something in the os, to me. Any ideas, thanks.
Clyde

Is there an antivirus option enabled in the BIOS?

Many BIOS provide a facility for base level virus protection, but it interferes with many software packages.

cjb1usa

Checked that and checked again, no antivirurs on a supermicro super X5DA8, could the hyper-threading have anything to do with it?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online