1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

video and picture quality extremely poor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HAZELEYES, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HAZELEYES

HAZELEYES Thread Starter

Greetings....I have a Dell Dimension 4400 PC, this past week my hard drive crashed. I replaced the hard drive with a used Western Digital WD400 drive. The hard drive has Windows 2000 installed. However, the video and picture quality is extremely poor. The images are fuzzy and my display sometimes flickers. How can I correct this problem? Thank you in advance.

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

need computer stats for further assistance

is it this ? # Form Factor: Mini Tower
    # Processor: Intel Pentium 4 1.8 GHz
    # Installed Memory: 128 MB (DDR SDRAM)

3. HAZELEYES

HAZELEYES Thread Starter

Thank you for the quick reply. I listed below the key features for the PC. Thank you again!

Key Features
    Form Factor: Mini Tower
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4 1.8 GHz
    Installed Memory: 2 x 256 MB (DDR SDRAM)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000
    HDD Size: 40.0 GB
    Service pack 4
    Display: 20 in.

4. win2kpro

win2kpro

The Dimension 4400 uses an Intel 845 series motherboard which is quite old now and never had really good onboard video. Dell indicated the board has a 2x-4x AGP slot so you could get a 2x-4x AGP video card or a PCI card and it would improve the video quality greatly.

You have to be careful if you purchase a card that requires too much power you'll get yourself in the position of also needing to replace the power supply to compensate for the card.

5. HAZELEYES

HAZELEYES Thread Starter

Thank you for the reply, can you please recommend a 4x video card for the Dell dimension 4400. I heard about the ATI and Nvidia, etc. I'm not sure what to get.Thank you!

6. win2kpro

win2kpro

A 2x-4x AGP card is going to be hard to find. Try an online retailer, or eBay. If you can't find one and, if you live in the U.S. PM me.

7. peck1234

peck1234

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/950722

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice