Video/audio not working when Steelseries engine installed

jabso19

I am having an issue with SteelSeries Engine and my arctis 7 headsets.
If I have engine installed basically no audio or video will play at all. The spotify desktop program plays a track (I can't hear it) for 3 seconds then skips to another track. On Youtube it will play about half a second of video then pause (no audio). Also no video files on my PC will play.
When I uninstall SteelSeries engine it seems to work fine. I can hear through the headphones and my microphone works fine.

This is a new PC I built yesterday. Audio was working fine yesterday, I installed Engine today and seemed to work for a little while before video/audio content broke. I uninstalled Engine and it seems to work ok but I would like the option to change settings via engine.
I would guess I have some conflicting driver issues but how do I go about resolving these?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20200630150009.000000+600
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0, CPU Count: 24
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (415 GB Free); D: 3726 GB (3294 GB Free); F: 3725 GB (1947 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING, ver Rev X.0x, s/n 200265858800270
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n System Serial Number
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

jabso19

try disabling audio drivers one by one and test each time.
Thanks. I got some help from Steelseries and it seems to have worked. I uninstalled the specific steelseries arctic drivers, unplugged/plugged in the headset so it installed drivers fresh and now it all seems to work with SSE.

jabso19

Argh....it's happening again, it seems to work fine for a few hours but then I have to uninstall SSE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online