Video Cable Connected?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Chaos Queen

I'm trying to hook up an old computer for me kids with a old monitor and this "Video Cable Connected?" message is what I get on the screen. The screen is completely black. Does this mean the monitor needs to be replaced, or something completely different?

sounds more like the pc gfx card is dead, basically the monitor doent think its connected to anything. you can try the monitor on a different pc maybe? or try another known working monitor on this old pc?

Chaos Queen

Thanks, that's what I figured I'd have to do.....

I'm off to drag the other monitor downstairs. LOL

*edited to say that I've hooked another monitor up to the same tower and it still gives me the same video not connected on the screen. Now what?

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Try reseating the video card in the computer. Just pull it out nad then place it back in the slot. But make sure the computer is disconnected from power.

Chaos Queen

Thanks! I'll have to get my computer guy to fix this booboo..I'm not going inside. LOL

Did Chaos Queen ever find out why your computer screen comes up with the message "video cable connected"? Please let me know if you did - I'm having the same problem on one of my monitors. Thanks!

I have a question...if the system thinks the cable is not connected...who and how is the msg being written to the monitor??? The original Q stated it was an "old" monitor, so I would not expect any built in intelligence?

spefnadera,

Not only are you posting into an item that is a year and a half old, but your question doesn't pertain to this item at all. :rolleyes:

winbob said:
I have a question...if the system thinks the cable is not connected...who and how is the msg being written to the monitor??? The original Q stated it was an "old" monitor, so I would not expect any built in intelligence?
monitors have had the message for quite a while now, if i unplug the video card and turn it on is says no input or similar on the screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online