1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

video cable connected ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tee's gem, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tee's gem

tee's gem Thread Starter

i got my old computer out of the shed the other week ! went down and got a gig of memory and a flash new tower got home and switched it on to see "video Cable Connected ?" on the screen of the computer , now this comes on with out the tower turned on . so i tried the tower on my other monitor that works so i know its not the screen , so i went down and got a new video card still the same thing , then i went and got a new mother board and cpu and wouuldnt you guess its still coming up with the same thing on the screen!!!!!!!! can someone tell me what i done wrong

2. griffinspc

griffinspc

This is generated by the monitor not the PC. Did you turn on the PC and if so what happened?

3. tee's gem

tee's gem Thread Starter

i have the screen on right now and their is no tower conected and its still got the same thing coming up
    when i concect the tower to it - you hear the fans go and the tower makes a sound like its all hocked up right and working

4. tee's gem

tee's gem Thread Starter

i have hocked another monitor up to the tower and the same thing is happening so it does not matter what screen i use its saying the same thing

5. Oily

Oily

Have you tried a different DVI/VGA cable from the card till the screen,sometimes these cables can go bad.

6. tee's gem

tee's gem Thread Starter

No matter what monitor i put the tower to it comes up with the same thing !!! i used monitor's that i know work well and no different and yes i have tried those cables

7. Oily

Oily

Does the motherboard have onboard graphics.If it does is the bios set up to use your GPU and not the onboard graphics.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698068

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice