video cable connected ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tee's gem

i got my old computer out of the shed the other week ! went down and got a gig of memory and a flash new tower got home and switched it on to see "video Cable Connected ?" on the screen of the computer , now this comes on with out the tower turned on . so i tried the tower on my other monitor that works so i know its not the screen , so i went down and got a new video card still the same thing , then i went and got a new mother board and cpu and wouuldnt you guess its still coming up with the same thing on the screen!!!!!!!! can someone tell me what i done wrong

This is generated by the monitor not the PC. Did you turn on the PC and if so what happened?

tee's gem

i have the screen on right now and their is no tower conected and its still got the same thing coming up
when i concect the tower to it - you hear the fans go and the tower makes a sound like its all hocked up right and working

tee's gem

i have hocked another monitor up to the tower and the same thing is happening so it does not matter what screen i use its saying the same thing

Have you tried a different DVI/VGA cable from the card till the screen,sometimes these cables can go bad.

tee's gem

No matter what monitor i put the tower to it comes up with the same thing !!! i used monitor's that i know work well and no different and yes i have tried those cables

Does the motherboard have onboard graphics.If it does is the bios set up to use your GPU and not the onboard graphics.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online