1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

video cam download

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ch1, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ch1

ch1 Thread Starter

I an trying to download family video from my old JVC COMPACT VHS CAM. i am using windows vista home prem. on an HP Pavilion Media Center TV PC. This is an older camera and i would like to put the home movies on disk if possible . There are only a two plug in on my camera video out and audio out . On the front of my computer is three plug in , one video and two audio . I have tried to use windows movie maker but it can not find any camera that is attach to my computer. Is there any programs that might be able to find this JVC camera are is this hopeless any help thanks allot. I f this is the wrong place forgive me.

2. katabby

katabby

i hope you get help. i tried the same thing with no luck. i have hp m8000n and also jvc camcorder. i think there should be a way going ". backwards" using your tv. what i mean is you can connect your tv to your computer, you can connect your vcr to your tv.
    I think you have to set up media center with your tv attached to your computer to be able to do what you (and me) want.
    I tried hp's phone support but their version of english is quite different from mine.

3. ch1

ch1 Thread Starter

4. katabby

katabby

thats for xp
    what do they mean by video capture device?

5. ch1

ch1 Thread Starter

That would be your camera or your vcr are what ever you have to send the video to your computer .

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!