1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Camera to PC

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by DaveDong, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DaveDong

DaveDong Thread Starter

Hey
    Im trying to connect my camcorder to my pc however i dont have an s-video on my pc is there anotehr way that wont require me installing some new hardware?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Don't know, as we can't see your camera. (the crystal ball doesn't seem to work)

What options does it give?
    What type is it? What options do you have on your PC?
    What operating system are you using?

Very few PC's actually have SVideo inputs.

3. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

To add to kiwiguy's comments/questions, you would also have to know something about the inputs on your PC/graphics card.

For instance, just because your PC appeared to have a jack, you would need to know if this is for INPUT or OUTPUT. Some cards come with the jack, but are output only, meaning, they are intended to send the signal FROM the computer TO your TV screen.

Is your camcorder digital or analog?

MBN

4. rextilleon

rextilleon

As these two illustrious members have pointed out, we need to know what kind of camcorder you are using. If it's a DV camcorder, then firewire is the prefered mode of transfer--Your camera might have a firewire port--you just attach that to a firewire port on your computer and capture the video.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221796

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice