1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

video capture problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lowinigan, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lowinigan

lowinigan Thread Starter

hi there i have purchased a video capture external device
    make is super digital video dazzle series i am running windows xp home my pc is pent 4 1.8the software is tv plus 3.0 im not sure bout drivers

the problem im having is the pic quality is not very good and when i watch the video on my pc i have sound but when i record to dvd there is no sound im i only have usb 1.1 could this be the problem or is it in the settings iv tried all settings i can figure out so im lookin for some insite
    any help would be great
    im new here so bear with me if i dont give enough info
    thanx

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I used to use the Dazzle DVC80 capture device, and when I first installed it, it had no sound. The fix was in a FAQ on the Dazzle site, they apparently forgot to register a DLL and it resulted in no sound. I'd start there and see if there's some insights into your issue.

As far as the quality, I found the Dazzle DVC80 to have lousy quality, that's why I use something else now. :)

3. accat13

accat13

I have a hauppauge pvr150 the set up was very simple and the quality is very good.Finally getting around to transfer all my 8mm tapes to dvd.I would recommend it to anyone.

4. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

i only have usb 1.1

BTW I strongly recommend getting a USB 2.0 card if your going to go with USB attached capture devices. you want the higher throughput to get better quality and less dropped frames.

See here -
    USB 1.1 - 12Mbps
    USB 2.0 - 480Mbps

Also remember USB is a shared bus so if you have alot of USB attached devices you can start to have problems there too if they are all going at the same time.

I.E. if you have a usb scanner, printer camera, card reader, and mouse and keyboard and your printing at the same time as scanning a document and downloading pictures to your card reader from your camera and multitasking with your mouse and keyboard you may notice your video capture get worse at that point. (Though most people don't tax their system that much you get the picture).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/433378

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice