Video card and onboard video failed. Power supply problem?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ACA529

My video card first started acting up. It would switch to my onboard video, then back to my video card, then back the forth until the video card stopped working. I tested my video card in a different PC and it works fine. Now my onboard video has stopped working. I have a cheap power supply in my computer. Do you think it's the PSU?

I need some advice.

Thanks

Just off of the top of my head...knee jerk reaction...my guess is... <drum roll please>

Connection trouble! Try your monitor on a different machine. Check for missing/bent pins...

Hope this helps! :)

ACA529

Just off of the top of my head...knee jerk reaction...my guess is... <drum roll please>

Connection trouble! Try your monitor on a different machine. Check for missing/bent pins...

Hope this helps! :)
It's not the monitor. Thanks though. I already have tried it in a different computer.

dustyjay

Jay
Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

ACA529

Hi,

Asus M2NPV-VM
AMD Athlon 3500+ AM2
EVGA Nvidia Geforce 7600GT
250GB WD Hard Drive
2GB Ram (Not sure which brand)
LG DVD-RAM drive

Thanks!

dustyjay

Jay
Retail Plus? This name alone does not scream ot Quality. I think you may just have named your problem. To verify this you would want to jump in a Known Good (one that is known towork in a computer (new does not mean known good)) power supply as a test.

ACA529

Retail Plus? This name alone does not scream ot Quality. I think you may just have named your problem. To verify this you would want to jump in a Known Good (one that is known towork in a computer (new does not mean known good)) power supply as a test.
Ok will do. Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online