1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

video card broken?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LiKe_WhOa!, Dec 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiKe_WhOa!

LiKe_WhOa! Thread Starter

I have a GeForce 4 TI4600 that recently had the fan fail on it. I replaced the fan with an aftermarket one and plugged it back in. However, during the install, I accidentally scraped one of the circuits directly next one of the 1-way plugs that secure the fan down. I was having problems with having monochromatic lines and blocks running up and down the screen when the fan went out and am having the same problems now. However, this time there will either be no display when booting up, or the display will be on but will die before loading into windows.

There's also a "previous fan failure" message that pops up every time i try to load. i cleared the log many times but it still won't go away.

I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me! Thank you so much!

2. RNS0504

RNS0504

if you scratched a trace, it should be okay unless you got it all the way down to the copper. If so, and you are good w/ electronics and have a staedy hand, repair it w/ a bit of solder, and put some tape on it. If the scratch is not all the way to the copper, the trace most likely isnt causing the problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/312289

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice