1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Card Conflict when I restart

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wasd2k4, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wasd2k4

wasd2k4 Thread Starter

After we reinstall windows xp pro it suddenly didnt continue when it restart but we can still return to the original win xp prof then when we tried play games it cannot start because there is no opengl or directx something. then we tried to look at device manager. we saw a conflict on our video card ASUS V7100 Geforce 2 MX 400. the conflict is code 10 (device cannot start). We reinstalled by unistalling then install again with the driver we recently downloaded (newest) then it was repaired and we can play games. but when we restart the conflict returns again. what is happening on my computer can somebody help me

2. rockinmale

rockinmale

here's a code 10 message straight from microsoft......

Code 10
    If the device has a "FailReasonString" value in its hardware key, that string is displayed as the error message. The driver or enumerator places this registry string value there. If there is no "FailReasonString" in the hardware key, the following generic error message is displayed:

This device is either not present, not working properly, or does not have all the drivers installed. (Code 10)

Try upgrading the device drivers for this device.

Solution button: Update Driver

To resolve this error code, make sure the device is connected to the computer correctly. For example, make sure all cables are plugged in fully and that all adapter cards are properly seated. Follow the suggested solution button and update the device driver. It may be possible to remove the device and redetect it using the Add New Hardware wizard.

I hope this helps!
    rockinmale

3. wasd2k4

wasd2k4 Thread Starter

i have updated the driver several times and it didnt work. But when we tried to disable it then restart then enable it after the restart it works and we can play games. but when we restart without disabling it.. it will conflict after the restart.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166962

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice