Video Card Crashing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

calinr

A few months ago my brother built me a computer. But we had a issue with it when we first made it. The video card kept crashing on us randomly. I have a K8mm-v motherboard with a amd athlon 64 and with a ATI Radeon 9600 XT. We fixed it once by downloading random driver updates for 2 days. But a few days ago we tried updating our video driver but it did the same crash after installing it. Now we dont know what to do. Please Help.

You could try booting in safe mode(tap F8 at boot up). Remove the video card drivers and reboot. Now you should be able to download an older driver you know that works and try installing them.

calinr

well right now we arnt sure what driver version works or not because we tried alought of things the first time it did this and it randomly all of a sudden worked. Also, my computer doesnt seem to crash when im playing games on it. It only crashes when doing anything in windows. I think it might be something with my mother board and my video card. Anyone know any fix for this?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online