1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

video card / display problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rainisv, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rainisv

rainisv Thread Starter

hello,

I installed new video card: Sapphire ati radeon 2600 hd PRO , Agp 8x

I installed the drivers and it asked me to reboot, so I did, i saw the bios menus and stuff, windows loading bar and stuff...
    but when desktop loads my monitor turns black and the button orange... But the computer still runs, also my video cards ventilator starts spinning, then stops, then starts again, and so on, and on

after i restart few times I can choose the text : use previous settings that worked, after that picture comes up. but shows no drivers installed...

oh and btw, my screen has artifacts, blue lines on screen and in boot menu some strange small shapes appearing and disappearing..

i have the latest drives, no power cords unplugged, video card is firmly in place, no overheating,

what might be the reason of this???

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+, x86 Family 15 Model 79 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 1023 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 2600/3600 Series, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 476929 MB, Free - 466053 MB;
    Motherboard: ASRock, AM2NF3-VSTA
    Antivirus: None

2. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

It could be a power issue. Did you remember to plug in the auxiliary 6 pin power connector into the back of the card? Do you have a power supply capable of handling the card? A 350 watt PSU is the minimum for this card and since you have an AGP card it could be fairly old power supply as well.

A faulty card would be my second guess with the artifacts, a Radeon HD 2900 is a pretty old card, was it definitely new in an unopened box?

3. rainisv

rainisv Thread Starter

i have enough power, all pins set...
    so its broken then yeh?

4. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Possibly, or an incompatibility issue with the motherboard. Is it possible to test it on another computer?

If it was bought locally, have them test it, or return it, or exchange it.

5. rainisv

rainisv Thread Starter

the motherboard is brand new

6. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

What motherboard is it?

Why are you using "new" but obsolete hardware?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1067120