1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Card driver help please!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Eagle_Song, Mar 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eagle_Song

Eagle_Song Thread Starter

I am trying to figure out why my display won't show 64 bit colors. below is the TSG SysInfo information and I am attaching some snapshots of my System Info using Sys Spec as well

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8150 Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 1 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16383 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 2097050 MB, Free - 2030757 MB; D: Total - 152624 MB, Free - 152509 MB; F: Total - 99 MB, Free - 66 MB;
    Motherboard: MSI, 760GM-P34(FX) (MS-7641)
    Antivirus: COMODO Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

system.JPG

display.JPG

I would so much appreciate any help here. This is the first time I have ever used a forum for tech support, so I can't wait to see how it goes :)

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

Only if you have a graphic card and monitor that supports 64 bit color, otherwise there will be no difference. Most graphic cards and monitors can only display up to 32 bit color, some will only support up to 24 bit color.

Because both graphic card and monitor must support 64 bit color or it will still just display as 32 bit.

Only professional computer graphic designers use 64 bit color since it is very expensive to buy both the graphic cards and monitors that support it. They use computer programs to distinguish the color depth.

For most people their eyes can only distinguish a maximum of 32-bit color depth. Anything higher bit is invisible to most people they still will only see 32-bit even if a higher color depth is available.

Bottom line is that no matter what, we can only see what the programmers have made available, so if they used a 32 bit color scheme, having 64 bit color capability will not make any difference at all.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144926

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice