1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

video card driver prob

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CHADfrommn, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CHADfrommn

CHADfrommn Thread Starter

ok here is deal i tried to install geforce 4 mx when i went to install drivers comp black screened messed around for about 7 hours decided to take it back when i tried to put old tnt2 m64 back in comp only works in safe mode when drivers are installed THESE ARE THE CORRECT DRIVERS. some yahoo on yahoo thinks i may have fried my agp port or perhaps whole mb due to static. any ideas ? can i buy just new agp port any intelligent feedback woud be greatlyu appreciated
    thanx
    chadfrommn:eek:

2. Rockn

Rockn

I really doubt you fried the whole board unless you were installing the card with the power on or with the power switch on on the power supply...good idea to turn it off or completely unplug it when installing and removing cards. If it only boots to safe mode then there is still an issue with the drivers. While in Safe mode uninstall any of the applications that were installed when attempting to install the new card. After that go into device manager and delete all references to the current or old video card under display adapters. Reboot and it should load Windows and ask you for the drivers for your old card when it detects it again.

3. CHADfrommn

CHADfrommn Thread Starter

i have already tried that multiple times i even wiped hd clean and re-installed windows me but thanks anyways supposing the port is fried can i buy just a new agp port?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117373

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice