1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Card driver problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dave2001, Apr 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dave2001

Dave2001 Thread Starter

I am needing a driver for my video card. It is by S3 but I can't identify exactly which one. I tried using the super VGA but that didn't work. I just want anything that will give me more than 16 bit colors and will work.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any info

2. downwitchyobadself

downwitchyobadself

3. Dave2001

Dave2001 Thread Starter

I tried the first method on that link. Maybe I should try the second method on that link and see if I get something else.
    I guess I should said that. I emailed their support with the info I got and they ask for the product ID. I only found one number on the card and they said that wasn't the product ID.

Thanks for your reply

4. downwitchyobadself

downwitchyobadself

Are you sure that the ID you got came off the card and not just the chip? S3 puts chips in other cards, is what I'm saying. I don't think you'll be able to figure anything out unless you can identify the card. Maybe you could post all the info you find on the card back on this site? That way some might be able to help you decipher it.

5. Dave2001

Dave2001 Thread Starter

I want to say the ID came off the card. It only has the number and a bar code under it. This is the number T00467786.
    It has a gold sticker with V1.1 on it and another yellow sticker with QC on it and some other letters and number. I don't have it here with me. The letters and numbers did not look like an ID or anything.
    When I do a "add new hardware", if finds a "S3"
    I didn't take the card out and I assume there is nothing on the bottom of it. I guess I can do that real quick.

Thanks for your time and help

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Dave, what kind of computer do you have?

7. Dave2001

Dave2001 Thread Starter

It is a compaq 75mhz pentium running windows 95.

8. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/41386

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice