1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VIDEO CARD DRIVER

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by STEELGUY, May 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STEELGUY

STEELGUY Thread Starter

I JUST DOWNLOADED AN UPDATE FOR MY VIDEO CARD DRIVER.
    I DOWNLOADED IT TO MY HARD DRIVE [C]BUT THE UPDATE
    DOESN'T SHOW UP ON MY SYSTEMS/DEVICE MANAGER.
    DOES WINDOWS 98SE AUTOMATICALLY PICK UP THIS DRIVER OR
    SHOULD I HAVE SAVED IT IN A DIFFERENT PLACE ?

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Welcome SteelGuy!

It's a bit easier to read posts if you'll drop to lower case.

And no, by simply downloading a driver update, it doesn't automatically pick up and install....it needs a little help from you.

When you download drivers, usually, it's a zip file, or an .exe file.

When you downloaded it, where did you tell the computer to save it? If you can't remember, download it again, and this time choose to save it to the desktop....makes it easier to find.

If it has a .zip at the end, you'll need a program called winzip to unzip it....if it is just and .exe at the end, double click it on your desktop, and the installation program should take over.

BTW, if it is a .zip file, double click that too, if you don't have winzip, you'll find out real soon. You can download it from here if the file doesn't automatically open up in winzip:

http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-10000-50-1484995.html?bt.15269.10014..dl-18840

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/43752

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice