1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Card drivers for 6800 Ultra, please?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bobcoolos, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bobcoolos

bobcoolos Thread Starter

Does any one know the best up to date Video Card drivers for a G-Force 6800 Ultra. B/c i recently up dated my drivers for my video card and i now get a rilly bad video destortion. Any videos/clips i watch in my media player now look rilly bright like roll of film that has been exposed to sunlight.

If any one can find me the best drivers for my video cards thanks in advance.

Thanks,
    ~Da Bob~

2. Arcadion

Arcadion

Go into the Nvidia display properties and reduce the gamma correction level.

3. bobcoolos

bobcoolos Thread Starter

Nope, not working, all it does is make everything else look discolored and distorted and has no affect on the media being played. This problem is the same for all media players. Everything else if fine, just movie/video playback is messed up since the new driver up date.

4. bobcoolos

bobcoolos Thread Starter

I removed overlays, what ever they are in my windows media player and it fixed the color distortion problem. But all my other players still have the problem. They all worked fine before the new driver. Games kept tell me to update so i did, fixed a few problems in games but created this problem.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Try the next newer driver. Maybe the earlier one will work better. Also try installing the driver in Safe Mode.

6. bigk

bigk

Hi I'm new here. Now I can understand updateing the newer drivers. (thats a no brainer) But did the picture(s) look fine with out the newer drivers? If yes, in that case why don't you go and to system restore and roll back before the drivers were installed. If the roll back wont do it just right click on "My computer" select "propertys" "click on "hardware" then click on "device manager" find your video card, right click and select "propertys" then click on "uninstall drivers". It might ask you to restart your computer, I would do it.

I hope that helped,

bigk

7. bobcoolos

bobcoolos Thread Starter

I dont know how to get an exact ver of a driver i just went to the nvidia web site the the link from my game kept giving me and i downloaded a file that works for all cards. Not one is spific, like for 6800 cards only. So if any one can find me a link the 6800 ultra card drivers only that would rilly help. I would just roll back to my old driver but it fixed some shading errors in my games.

8. Elvandil

Elvandil

9. bobcoolos

bobcoolos Thread Starter

That is the current driver i now have, only differnce i see in the one i download mine is 19.8mb and the one in your link is 20.2mb. So is your a better ver of 77.72. Also i dont hve any experence using safe mode or how to use it?

10. bigk

bigk

Your current one is 19 megs? but Elvandil provided you with a 20 meg driver(s)? mmm.... interesting. Are you totaly postive you have the newest drivers? Try going into DirectX and is what version you have and comepare it to the 20 meg driver(s). Or you can just right click on the desk top and select "propertys" and go to your graphics card panel and and try to find a info buttion. Why dont you download the 20 meg version. Create a restore point, then install the drivers. Its worth a shot. If some thing goes wrong, go into safe mode and restore from your saved piont.

I'm not sure if he talking about the smae safe mode as I'm about to mention. But I'll give it a shot.

1.) Turn off your computer.
    2.) Wait 10 seconds, wait for every thing to shut down.
    3.) Turn your computer back on.
    4.) When it beeps, hit F8.
    5.) Choose safe mode.
    6.) You'll enter windows in safe mode. It may little alittle different then what you usually see in windows.
    7.) Choose your restore piont. Travel back in time. (lol) That sounded funnie. :)
    8.) Now your computer should restart, but it should restart in normal mode.
    NOTE: If it does not restart in normal mode, no shut down the computer, turn it back on, listen for beep, hit F8, choose "start windows in normal mode".

bigk :)

11. bobcoolos

bobcoolos Thread Starter

I fixed it in my Windows Media Player, and i think it plays normal now. But somthing with the new driver did somthing to the overlays options, what ever it does. I just went under performance in WIndowas Media Player and un-checked "use overlays"

I checked the driver ver, it is ver 77.72. I mostly only use Windows Media Player so i guess i can live with the problem in the other media plays for now or i find some other worse problem.

12. Elvandil

Elvandil

If you tap F8 just as your machine boots up. you will get some boot options, including Safe Mode. Have the driver on the desktop and ready to install once you get into Safe Mode. Install it and reboot normally.

If your downloaded driver is a different size and the same version, it may be a corrupt download. It would be a good idea to try it again.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/382648

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice