1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video card error - x1950 pro 512mb

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by afoman, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afoman

afoman Thread Starter

The following is a video I have recorded of some gameplay on my computer.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WjRJ5VIqTIY

My problem is severe graphical glitching using the MSI X1950 pro with a Dual core E6600 and 2gb's ram.

You will notice the glitching on the video despite the low bitrate.
    It appears as bright colourful squares and also black blocky squares.
    This is the glitch that is currently ruining all 3d applications on my pc.

I have tried it all, changing to older drivers, re-installing the latest drivers, removed side of case and put fan up to 100% with ATI tools.
    During idle, card is at about 40 degrees celsius and when running Kane and Lynch dead men as above, it will go up to about 52 degrees celsius.
    This is pretty normal for a card I would have thought so despite advice that perhaps it was overheating in my card, I'm inclined to think that with the case off and fan to 100% those glitches should have at least subsided and they haven't.

Even during DVD playing, you get strange pattern type blocky squares around the side of the picture and it's always there.
    Card isn't even six months old yet.

Do you think it may be a faulty card?.
    Thanks for any help provided.

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

What is the EXACT make, model and revision of your motherboard? What is the EXACT make and model of your power supply? Please post links to both the board and the power supply.

3. afoman

afoman Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701106

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice