Video card freezes game

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BumontheRun

I'm having some problems with my video card. I got a radeon 9600 pro, and whenever i play cs my comp freezes after playing for less then a minute and then comes back because of the vpu recovery thing. It keeps freezing like 10 seconds after it comes back. I have the latest drivers.

How can i fix it?

Do you have it overclocked at all? Even the overdrive feature that you put the check mark in the advanced display properties?

You said you have the latest drivers? The best drivers ive found are the 3.9 catalist version try those ans see if it helps.

BumontheRun

actually i posted on the steam forums and they said to try different drivers. i tried the omega ones, they didnt help. then i tried the dna drivers, they made it a lot better, now it doesnt happen as frequently as before, but it still happens.

What is the make/model of your power supply?

What video card did you have prior to the Radeon 9600 Pro?

BumontheRun

idk how that would make a difference, ive had this card for like 6 months i think, now it just started givin me problems...

but the case is a atec one, so im guessin they made it, i had a nvidia ghefore 4mx 420 before i think.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online