1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video card freezes game

Discussion in 'Games' started by BumontheRun, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BumontheRun

BumontheRun Thread Starter

I'm having some problems with my video card. I got a radeon 9600 pro, and whenever i play cs my comp freezes after playing for less then a minute and then comes back because of the vpu recovery thing. It keeps freezing like 10 seconds after it comes back. I have the latest drivers.

How can i fix it?

2. Horowitz

Horowitz

Do you have it overclocked at all? Even the overdrive feature that you put the check mark in the advanced display properties?

3. BumontheRun

no i never did that. it only happens with cs. i tried bf1942 and it worked fine.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  5. Derrick

Derrick

You said you have the latest drivers? The best drivers ive found are the 3.9 catalist version try those ans see if it helps.

6. BumontheRun

actually i posted on the steam forums and they said to try different drivers. i tried the omega ones, they didnt help. then i tried the dna drivers, they made it a lot better, now it doesnt happen as frequently as before, but it still happens.

7. McTimson

McTimson

What is the make/model of your power supply?

What video card did you have prior to the Radeon 9600 Pro?

8. BumontheRun

idk how that would make a difference, ive had this card for like 6 months i think, now it just started givin me problems...

but the case is a atec one, so im guessin they made it, i had a nvidia ghefore 4mx 420 before i think.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219050

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice