1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

video card Gateway DX4380g

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sircedric, Feb 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sircedric

sircedric Thread Starter

Gateway DX4380g when i boot i get the gateway logo then only black only. Does it sound like the video card died?

i tried to use the video port on mother board did not work at all.

so i guess i should get a new card (old one 3 yrs or more old. was looking at
    ViewMax GeForce GT 720 2GB GDDR3 PCI Express (PCIe) DVI Video Card HDMI & HDCP Support

2. lynx1021

lynx1021

If you see the gateway logo it sounds like a GPU driver problem, Do you have windows 10? Can you get into safe mode? Shut down your Gateway, unplug any cables and devices, and restart your machine. Press "F8" repeatedly when the Gateway logo appears on your computer monitor. The advanced startup options will appear on your screen. Highlight "Safe Mode" using the arrow keys, and press "Enter." Go to Device manager and control panel and roll back your video driver.

3. sircedric

sircedric Thread Starter

i have win 10 will try and let u know

4. lynx1021

lynx1021

Windows 10 is notorious for updating automatically to the wrong drivers for video cards.

5. sircedric

sircedric Thread Starter

i can not get safe mode i only get auto repair

6. sircedric

sircedric Thread Starter

is the another way to get into safemode ?

7. lynx1021

lynx1021

8. sircedric

sircedric Thread Starter

ty for your help i finally got to the restore page and the one i the screen went to amd page foe 2019 drivers

9. sircedric

sircedric Thread Starter

ok i got the video driver to work for about a week ,then update knocked it out again so would it be easier to get a new vid card ? suggestion for cards that work with win 10

10. lynx1021

lynx1021

11. sircedric

sircedric Thread Starter

ty what i did last time was reinstall win 10 then got drivers any easier way

12. lynx1021

lynx1021

13. sircedric

sircedric Thread Starter

comp lasted about 1 month then crashed . i purcjed a new hd and vid card, but i cant figure how to physically remove hd . it is a gateway dx4380g box . do u have a link how to remove drive. hd is under a lip of frame and screwed in the side mother board is mouted.

14. lynx1021

lynx1021

Here is something that may be similar to yours

15. sircedric

sircedric Thread Starter

ok nothing worked after buying a vid car and new hd and reinstall win 10 nothing. so i purchased
    HP EliteDesk 705 G1 SFF, A6-7400B 3.5GHz, 8GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, DVDRW,ViewMax GeForce GT 720 2GB GDDR3 PCI Express (PCIe) DVI Video Card HDMI & HDCP Support and Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA III 6.0Gb/s (Heavy Duty, 24/7) 3.5in Internal Desktop Hard Drive.
    now the dvdrw does not have power cord from motherboard. i believe it has a 240w power supply. do i need to get a larger ps or can i get a split-er.
    what do u recommend (if ps model watt ) ty very much for your help in advance

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223409

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice