1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video card help - want to upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Danimal47, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danimal47

Danimal47 Thread Starter

Hi all,

I have a Geforce 7300 GS right now. I am looking to upgrade my video card and holy moley!!! there are sooo many cards out there. I have an Intel Pentium 3.0 and 2gb ram and am looking to upgrade my video card.

I am looking to upgrade to a video card with 1GB memory. I think that the games that I play (Titan Quest and Civ IV) push my card the most. I don't do movies or anything like that on my machine...at least not yet...lol

My price range is $150ish, this appears to be able to get me a decent video card.

I looked at 2GB video cards, and holy moly.... they are really expensive. Why are these cards soo expensive? Memory is relatively cheap. So, why are the 2GB cards, $500 +? The jump from 512MB to 1GB is $40 to $75ish. Seems to me that the upgrade to 2GB should be in the $300 range, not $500+.

Thank you for a response on either part of my email!

Best regards,

Danimal

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/928834

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice