1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

video card help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Camel, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camel

Camel Thread Starter

Hi. I have a verto geforce2 MX200 32 meg SDRAM and it wont work. The motherbord is a FR500 SiS 5598 cyrix 6x86 MII MX. what it does is crash crash crash no matter what i do. im using REV 2.00 bios that i got from the packard bell support site. The other bios versions(original and 2.04) refuse to load windows98 after getting through the device checking IF I enable "assign IRQ to VGA", it will just stop responding. Seems as if i need that setting to work in order to install the drivers for the card. I've tried to insstall the drivers anyway with directX8.0 and i can get to the win98 splash screen and it will RESTART my computer after i install the drivers. Also, on the packard bell support page it says something about my PCI bus settings and the IRQ table. I looked and sure enough in the IRQ routing status area"IRQ stering disabled/IRQ table has some errors"(and windows98 likes to crash every time i go there:mad: )what should I do? I will supply any additional information quickly if required Thank you

2. BTS '76

BTS '76

try booting to safe mode and make the neccessary changes?

3. weeniebeenie

weeniebeenie

I gave up trying to install graphics cards on Packard Bells earlier this year, they just don't want you to do it. Sorry I can't be of any specific help but the few I've tried I've failed on all occassions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118914

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice