Video Card Help?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mr.Magee

I need some help on picking a new video card. The current card I have does not have a digital out, and I am buying a new wide screen monitor. (Here is that thread:http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/538589-new-monitor-dell-20-wide.html
if you'd like to help me decide.)

Here are my specs: AMD Athlon XP 2100+ 1.74GHz, 512MB RAM. my MB is a ASUS A7N266-VM.

I was looking at this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowImage.asp?Image=14%2D121%2D542%2D07%2Ejpg%2C14%2D121%2D542%2D08%2Ejpg%2C14%2D121%2D542%2D09%2Ejpg&CurImage=14%2D121%2D542%2D07%2Ejpg&Description=ASUS+N6200%2FTD%2F128+GeForce+6200+128MB+DDR+AGP+4X%2F8X+Low+Profile+Video+Card+%2D+Retail but I really don't have much of an idea on what to get. I only need it for some minor gaming, like Sims2 and such, and for the digital capability for the monitor. Any input would be great on both what monitor and what video card. Thanks! :D

that vid card would be a nice low budget card for what your need. has great graphics for games and has the dvi hook up for you widescreen tv.

Mr.Magee

I was also wondering if it is okay to mix brands? Since I have a ASUS MB, is it okay to install a different video card brand?

Mr.Magee said:
I was also wondering if it is okay to mix brands? Since I have a ASUS MB, is it okay to install a different video card brand?
Absolutely no problem mixing brands

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online