1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

video card help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kibainuzuka, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kibainuzuka

kibainuzuka Thread Starter

i need to get one of the following video cards to work in my Dell Dimension DE051
    ATI X1900 series
    ATI X1800 series
    ATI X1600 series
    ATI X1300 series
    ATI X850 series
    ATI x800 series
    ATI x700 series
    ATI x600 series
    ATI Radeon 9800 series
    ATI Radeon 9700 series
    ATI Radeon 9600 series
    ATI Radeon 9500 series
    NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series
    NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
    NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series
    NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series
    NVIDIA GeForce FX series

is this possible ? ( and or , do i know what im talking about ) ( i really need help with this):confused:

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    All cards in your list are either old or obsolete. I'm guessing you want to play a game, what game is it?

You will also need a new power supply, the Dell power supplies will not handle a graphics card upgrade unless you stick with the most basic of cards.

But is this your system: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim1100/EN/SM/specs.htm#wp1076752
    Apparently the DE051, 1100, and B110 are the same system.

If thats the case then you are out of luck. That is an extremely budget system offering you next to no upgrade for the video card. The only slots you have are PCI slots which will limit you to basic entry level graphics cards that will be further limited by the slooooow PCI bus. Not worth getting a PCI card anyways as the rest of the system is very weak as well.

So the solution is....new computer.

3. kibainuzuka

kibainuzuka Thread Starter

im trying to play oblivion and im trying to avoid getting a new computer ... is there somthing i can to to my
    dell insprion 1520?

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What video card does your Inspiron 1520 have? They can be configured differently. If its like this one with a Geforce 8600M-GT then it should be able to play it at low or medium settings: http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3846
    If it has the Intel graphics then not likely, maybe low settings, but not likely as they tend to below what the requirements want.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914176

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice