1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video card issue, please help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RPC420, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RPC420

RPC420 Thread Starter

So the other day i was on my computer and i went to open Minecraft, i logged in and then when it went to open and all the sudden different colored pixelated lines came across the screen so i shut my computer off and waited a bit then when i turned it back on it was fine untill i tried to open Minecaft again, then the lines got thicker and changed from horizontal to vertical. I shut my compter off again, waited and this time the lines were there as soon as i turned it on, so i started it up in safe mode and tryed to run a virus scan but it only ran for a second and said there was no threats found. So i tried to start it normally and everytime i did it would bluescreen after it logged in. Then i tried to reinstall windows with my windows 7 disc and it got about half way through then bluescreened and then when i turned my computer back on everything was bigger and i could only see about 1 3rd of the screen and i cant see the things that i can do (all i could see was safe mode). So im wondering if its my video card and if it is i have a spare one i can try but i dont know if it will screw up the spare, and since its half way through installing windows will that affect the card at all? :confused: By the way my computer is a Gateway DX series with a ATI Radeon Premium HD 4600 series graphics card

2. dai

dai

what are you running
    video card brand and model
    cpu
    m/board
    ram
    power supply
    brand
    model
    wattage

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and temperatures and post them

in the device manager uninstall the video card
    reboot tapping f8 and choose low resolution mode
    when windows finishes rebooting
    disable a/virus
    install your drivers
    reboot the computer

wait till windows finishes installing

gateway are well known for failing power supplies

3. RPC420

RPC420 Thread Starter

Video card is ATI Radeon Premium HD 4600 series
    Intel R Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz

i cant find the other things and i cant get into device manager because i cant logged onto the computer

but what i could find is that the system memory is 4096MB and

cpu temp: 30
    system temp: 33C/91F
    cpu fan speed: 1040 rpm
    system fan speed: 1044rpm

cpu core :1.104 V
    +1.1V :1.088 V
    :3.30V :3.344 V
    :5.00V :5.053 V
    +12.0V :11.904 V
    +5VSD :5.053 V
    VDAT :3.232 V

if any of that helps

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Post the exact model of the Gateway you have as DX is just a series of computer.

The power supply make and model are marked on a label on the side of the power supply.

Did the graphics card come with this computer or was it added later?
    "ATI Radeon Premium HD 4600 series" is just a generic series label, do you know what the actual manufacturer is of it and what the exact model of it, ie. 4650, 4670?

I'm pretty sure you will just have to take the risk and try another video card if you already have one.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084893

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice