1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Card Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hotstreak608, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hotstreak608

hotstreak608 Thread Starter

Okay, I just got a new mobo so I could use my phenom II. But the thing is whenever I plug my monitor into my 250 the monitor doesn't come on. When I lug it into the onbaord graphics it does come on. Any suggestions?

2. D-Berd

D-Berd

Yeah, If you really want help then post some specific details about your system. Try looking up a 250 video card and a mobo on google and see what comes up. :eek:

3. hotstreak608

Sorry, an Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 and my mobo is an ASUS M2N68-AM PLUS.

4. Megabite

Megabite

Have you plugged the power lead to ther graphics card

5. hotstreak608

You mean the 6 pin connector?

6. Megabite

Megabite

7. hotstreak608

Yes that is plugged in

8. hotstreak608

The onboard works but the 250 doesn't it doesn't show up in device manager or anything. Do I need to disable my onboard card? Because it doesn't look like there is a setting for that in the BIOS.

9. Megabite

Megabite

Have you installed the Operating System on the new mother board and installed the chip-set drivers?

10. D-Berd

D-Berd

(y) That's better...New motherboard, nice. Try this, look on the mobo documentation and find the cmos jumper and reset the bios. the motherboard manual should have clear instructions on how to do this. You also need to pull the video card out and reinsert it. Then pull the ram out and and reinsert it as well. Then try booting the pc. Pay close attention to how far down the video card goes down in the slot. You may not be getting the card down far enough.

11. hotstreak608

Yes, I have installed windows 7. I reformatted and everything. When ever I pop the video card's driver disk in it tell sme it doesn't detect any xfx products. I will try the jumper fix too.

12. hotstreak608

Okay, jumping the CMOS didn't do the trick. Whenever I try to plug my monitor into my video card it doesn't turn on.

13. D-Berd

D-Berd

Did you try the other things I posted?

14. hotstreak608

Yes I pulled out the ram and video card and put it back in and still nothing. The video card was working fine yesterday and since then my computer was off until I got the new mobo.

15. D-Berd

D-Berd

Do you have a link to your power supply? I'm looking for detailed specs. I'm having trouble downloading the user manual from ASUS so I cant get access to the information I'm looking for. I'll keep trying.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971109

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice