Video card makes internet slow?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ksiaze

It's just a question. Computer is about 5 yrs old with new XP system. There is only 16MB video card. Could make DSL signal so slow (10Kbps) or it's only problem with DSL line.

I've never heard of a video card resulting in slow internet. After all, the computers at my local library have integrated graphics (I've done some investigative work, lol, I was curious) and their internet is as fast as Tony Stewart (NASCAR driver).

I bet it's a problem with your DSL. Contact your ISP and complain to them. :) The video card should have no effect on your internet connection, as far as I know. :cool:

Ksiaze

Yeah, that's what I am thinking too. But maybe there is somethink I don't know. :) You know, better check twice to be 100% sure. Also I want to be sure, before somebody will call to dsl privider, to check all possibilities with machine (viruses, hardware, software, etc).

Download Hijack This and save it to a permanent folder like C:\Program Files\Hijack This. Click on the .exe from that file, do a scan and save a log file. Don't fix anything using the program. Copy and paste the contents of the log here for experts to look over (I'm not an expert).

Well, I think theoretically it COULD be possible for a video card to slow down your internet connection. But only if you have an ancient ancient computer with the video card and ethernet card sharing the same IRQ. Even then, I don't know how much of a difference it would make since your CPU speed would be really slow anyways and would be the bigger bottle neck.

Ksiaze

Got it! They called me, gay from dsl service said it was wrong cable. Right, next time it should be first think to check it! :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online