video card not detected at startup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

juanstandupguy

hi
when i started my computer recently my video card (gforce 7300) was suddenly not detected. the situation now is that i have to pull out the card from the pci express and replace it before i start up everytime, otherwise it is not detected and i have to plug my monitor into the onboard socket. this system has been running fine for about 2 years until this sudden glitch.
i borrowed a gforce 7600 and put that in and it worked great for about 4-5 startups then the same problem occured
i have an AMD 3200 processor on a gigabyte motherboard. i have only one pci express slot
i have updated the bios on the motherboard and the relevant drivers to no avail.
i am very confused

I had a similar problem recently that totally baffled me. I traced it to a bad outlet in the user's home. Probably a low voltage problem, but I haven't heard the final solution yet.

juanstandupguy

The power does not seem to be an issue as i have plugged it in elsewhere and still no detection of the card. it has worked fine for 2 years on the current power outlet, so i too am baffled

Check all your connections, including your drive cables on both ends. Try cleaning the contacts with a little alcohol and make sure that the cards are well-seated in their slots. Check the RAM modules, too, by removing and re-seating them.

Any problems with any other devices?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online