Video Card not detected in device manager, no siganl, working aux fan.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jarv1s

Hi, I've got a very little understanding of computer hardware compatibility so please bear with me.

uhm so I was tinkering with my desktop, specs are
Motherboard: Asus A58M-E
Processor: AMD A8 6600K
and I recently added a video card which is the Palit 9500GT 1024MB, so I went to turn it on (DVI plugged into the vid card), but the monitor displayed no signal but the aux fan is spinning, and when I plugged the DVI back to my motherboard it worked again and I looked at the device manager>display adapters and my video card is not detected, the only thing on the list is the AMD Radeon HD 8570D which I think is the APU. what should I do to get my video card up and running?

did u select the primary video in bios....... something like this [PCIE->PCI->IGP]

does the graphic card need a power plug..... i doubt it as its a low end card!!!
but thinking about it....is it any better than the onchip (apu) video????

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
The ASUS A58M-E motherboard has AMD Radeon HD 7000/8000 series integrated graphics with up to 2 GB of shared memory.

The AMD Radeon HD 8570D integrated graphics device has a benchmark score of 665

The Palit GeForce 9500 GT 1 GB video card has a benchmark score of 290 and requires a power supply with more than 300 watts.

Post #3 brought out some good points.

---------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts