1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Card - only 4 meg - allocate onboard?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Morgasshk, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Morgasshk

Morgasshk Thread Starter

Hullo all - Before we start, I know, I know! I need to get a new video card, I know! :eek:

But is there anyway to allocate RAM resources to Video? Is onboard 4 meg AGP I already have, can I give this more support somehow? :D

Have 400meg ram - and the biggest prog I run is Diablo 2 - and it runs fine if a bit jerky at times.

(PS: I have tried a Geforce 32meg card - didn't take, still don't know why - wouldn't get past the 16 colours deal...) :mad:

Thanks heaps!

Laters people!

David

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

There is no way to "give" the video card more memory from your main RAM.

3. Jack Horner

Jack Horner

Also the 16 color limit you mentioned about the geforce card sounds like you had the wrong/didn't install the drivers.

4. Morgasshk

Morgasshk Thread Starter

bugger... thought as much...

Just thought there might be a chance seeing it was onboard rather than pci...
    oh well... def have to get that ge force working.

and same with the drivers, windows said it had found the right ones, said device working properly and everything too... dumbass computer... :p

I really just gotta upgrade everything... too cheap for my own good... :p

Thanks,

Later.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/312676

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice