Video Card Overheating

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
How many case fans do you have, what size are they, and their CFM's? If you don't have good airflow within your tower, that could be a major factor causing towards your heating issues.

If you've already that, you'd might want to invest in a GPU cooler.

What's your current PSU? Have you made sure all other power-adapters are connected to it? (eg, a 6-pin power connector). Check the quality of the cables too, last time my 9800 GT was failing because I had a burnt molex pin in my 4-pin cables in my computer. Hope this helps.

Oh, sorry. In that case, note the locations of different 'screw holes' (xD) on your GPU board and the distances between them, and search up some appropriate GPU coolers that match these lengths & specifications. I'm sure if you search up some brands on a pricespy website that scans all stores, you'll find something decent in your local area.

crjdriver

Your link for your card just goes to the sapphire home page; not to your card.

Next have you opened the case and checked the video card to see if the heatsink fan is working, loose, dirty, etc?

Joey Beaumont

uhh works for me but

heres another

SAPPHIRE HD 4870 1G GDDR5 PCI-E QP

ive dusted out everything and this video card is pretty tough to open with that case on it, so i think id rather just get another fan?

so if anyone could point me to some cooling options that will work for this card that would be great

So do you only have 1GB of memory.......how are the other temps like CPU on that PC

Download and install hwmonitor
and see what the temps etc are

Joey Beaumont

so it was hot out today and i tried gaming

everything else in the computer was mid 40 C

vid card upper 80 C

and it crashed

this does not happen when its cold out!

2 gb memory

again looking for some way to cool my vid card

any help plz?

Joey Beaumont

ya ive messed with the speed and it gets CRAZY loud and still has problems if its really hot

ya i have the newest drivers

im pretty sure i need to get a new cooler

so if anyone could help me pick a good one that will work for this card that would be much appreciated.

thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online