1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Card PC -> Mac?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Heebson, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heebson

Heebson Thread Starter

Hi Peeps,
    the monitor on my father-in-laws Power Mac seems to have packed up 3 days before I'm due to go up and setup his brand new PC.
    I'm obviously going to swap monitors, wiggle plugs, etc - but my question is : if it's actually the video output from the mother board that's knackered in some way - can I bring my nVidia GeForce card from my PC and slot it into the Power Mac?

I.e. do they have PCI slots and would it recognise - and more importantly not damage - the card?

Thanks,
    Heeb

2. SacsTC

SacsTC

Real doubtful. I don't think that even the connectors are compatible

[​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269099

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice