Video card piece important?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Zipp080

Today when I took out my video card I noticed one of the tall cylinders on the card ( dunno what they are called), was really lose and about to fall off, so I nudged it a bit and it came right off. Well my computer started up with out it, and I am currently installing windows XP because, it is a new system (but old card, ti4200), anyways, was that piece important?

The piece is silver and has 3 numbers on the top

2D
6V

I would replace the card soon. From the description, it sounds like a capacitor. It can cause major problems including burning out other parts.

As previously posted losing a capacitor means that elements of the card are not getting the correct ampage and the card is likely to fail.

Of course if you are good with a soldering iron you can buy a replacement at Radio Shack or any electronics store and replace it yourself. :)

is it a pny ti 4200 they had lots of problems with the cards burning out got mine replaced for free ( minus shipping and haddling)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online