Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Video Card Problem??? Monitor Going???

449 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  lynx1021 
#1 · (Edited)
Just the last couple days, while online, The screen on my monitor will just go blank for 60 to 90 seconds and then come back up???
Is my video card going bad???
I thought maybe I needed to update the drivers but when I attempted this, NVidia said that with this version of windows 10 that the drivers were not supported??? !@#$%^

It is a NVidia GeForce 610 video card that I added to my desktop computer 3 or 4 years ago.

Could it be the monitor???

Any advice please?

#2 ·
Nvidia is correct. Your system does not support win10. The latest supported operating system for you is win8.1. When you use an unsupported operating system, you are in effect a beta tester; might work fine and it might not work fine.
Often the unsupported os will work for a while until some update is applied where the update deletes obsolete drivers [which you may need]
If you want this to work, install a supported operating system ie win7 or win8.

BTW I am using the system listed in your sig. If you are using something different, post the exact system or specs.

#3 ·
So, I will have to get a new Video card that supports Windows 10. This is an after-market video card that I put in this computer.
I will not go back to Windows 7, (which is what this computer came with).

#4 ·
No, you did not read what I said. Your system does not support win10 ie your computer is too old OR the mfg did not want to put in the time to write drivers, test, etc. It would not matter what video card you installed.
You need a system where win10 is a supported operating system.

#7 ·
I had an old square 18" monitor on my dell a while back and it would blink off for about 5 seconds every once in a while, wasn't sure whether it was the card or the monitor , turn out to be the monitor, Found another monitor some one threw away and all it needed was a power supply. The old monitor had gotten whacked with a broom stick by my wife when she was having one of her Bi-Polar fits, that is probably why it was acting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.