1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Card problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by kamah, Dec 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kamah

kamah Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have an onboard Vga card on my machine running win2k. Recently i tried to play Grand Theft Auto3. Whenever I launch the exe file the game begins to load properly until a certain point where it gives me an error "Cannot convert textures for your video card. You must login to an administrator account to do this."
    My adapter info is as follows:
    chip type- SiS 740
    Dac type- Internal
    Memory size- 32mb

I have tried to play the same game on another machine which has GeForce 2 card, and it is marvellous.

Other games like NBA 2003 and Hitman are running perfectly on my machine, its only GTA 3 which is giving problems.

Could anyone please help a brother out. I'll fully appreciate

Thanks

2. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

get the 1.1 patch

3. McTimson

McTimson

Go to this page, and in the first drop-down menu, select your chipset (SiS740), and hit go. On the next page, select Graphics, and hit go. Then, download the file for your operating system, and install it. If it doesn't work after doing this, then I don't think GTA3 will be able to run on that computer, you would probably have to get a new video card.

4. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

5. kamah

kamah Thread Starter

Hi guys,
    I tried to install the 1.1 patch as you adviced me, but i got an error "cannot update the current gta3.exe, because the version is unknown".
    I'm now gonna try the 18Mb file and see the outcome. Thanks for your kind support.

6. McTimson

McTimson

Is this a legally purchased version of GTA3, or did you download it? If you downloaded it, the patch won't work.

7. mindenergy

mindenergy

It is because the files are read only.
    Highlight the directory and uncheck read-only.

8. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!