1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video card problems! Please help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Heloyse, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heloyse

Heloyse Thread Starter

Hello,

I am having a major problem here, 3 months ago I had a GeForce 6600GT in my computer, then it kind of broke so I sent it back to the company with warranty and I waited until they send me a new one...

In the meantime, I installed an ATI 330x graphic card, which is really ****** btw...

Today i recieved my new GeForce 6600GT graphic card, so I uninstalled everything related to ATI, also erased the files that the uninstall didn't remove, and I installed the nvidia card with the latest drivers from the website...

So everything works well until I get into games, all games are having the same problems, there are black squares all over the screen...

I also tried to go into my control panel and get into nvidia control panel to configure my card, and when I go into configuring my 3D section, it shows me nvidia logo turning around for me to configure quality to performance, but also that nvidia logo have black squares all over it...

I tried playing videos, and there was no problem with the videos...

I reinstalled the driver, but it is still doing the same thing...

I installed the latest drivers for everything, I also installed the latest chipset drivers...And also updated my bios to the latest one...And it is still doing the same thing...

I am pretty sure it is only the 3D that isn't working because I did some tests with a utility that comes with nvidia drivers, and only 3D is having problems...

When I get into counter-strike, the first page where u need to connect to servers, the background image have no problem at all, only the option images and words have black squares over them...

One thing weird that happens, is when I reboot my computer, there's a message that pops up after reboot, it is telling me that SLI rendering was turned off because I don't have another graphic card, my old card wasn't SLI technology, this one, so I don't know if the problem is related to that or not...

Can anyone please help me?

Here is my computer info...

Abit AX8 v2.0 motherboard
    AMD Athlon 64bit 3000+
    GeForce 6600GT SLI technology
    SB Live! 5.1
    160GB SATA HD, 40GB HD
    Windows XP 32bit home edition

Thank you

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Does the card require a seperate power connector, if so is it plugged in?

If you could try the card in another computer you'll know if its the card or your computer. Oddly it sounds like the replacement card may be faulty.

3. Heloyse

Heloyse Thread Starter

The card does not require another power connector...

I also just downloaded smartdoctor, which analyzes my video card, and it says that it is working ok!

I also checked the CPU and video card heat, and there seems to be no problem there...

I haven't checked it on another computer...I only have one computer, and I just moved to this new city and don't know anyone here yet to try it on someone's computer...

And I hope it's not faulty, cause I don't want to wait another 2 months for them to replace it...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485712

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice