1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

video card problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by angl198927, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angl198927

angl198927 Thread Starter

Emachines laptop m2350
    Ram:512 mb
    Hdd:60gb
    CPU: 2800+MHz
    Free Hdd cpace:47gb
    Video card: ATI Radeon Igp 320m
    Problem:My sims 2 game , everytime it runs, it freezes time to time and forces me to turn my computer off improperly. It also runs slow, graphics don't run smoothly throughout the screen.
    Sims2 Game Requirements:
    Video card: DirectX 9.0 compatible(i.e. nVidia Geforce 2 or greater or ATI Radeon 7200 of greater)
    Sound: DirectX 9.0 compatible
    Hard drive space: at least 3.5 gb
    CPU: 800 MHz or greater
    RIGHT NOW THE GAME TAKES UP 2900 MB 2.9GB
    My computer seems to meet all of those including DirectX compatibility.
    If you could research ATI Radeon igp 320 M that would be great because then you would be able to help me a little more. I don' know what to do , whether to buy new video card or just leave it.
    P.S. I did driver updates from ati website in the support. It didn't seem to affect it. (CATALYST 5.1 drivers) My card is igp family for windows xp . Thanks for your time. I would appreciate some feed back.

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

IGP= Intergrated Graphics Port. While the ATI is most likely better than some others it is still going to leave you hanging at times. The Sims might just need more than the chip can give.

3. angl198927

angl198927 Thread Starter

i dunno wat do i guess i need to get a new one recommend the best one for a laptop

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328287

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice