Video Card Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Selecta!

After having a few IRQ problems with my computer, I found that both my graphics card and video card had lost all their drivers. I re-installed the soundcard and downloaded the newest Nvidia drivers for my card (i couldnt find the original intall CD). All ok until I went to play a video and no matter what media player I used it comes up in only 16 colours and really bright despite the card being set at 32bit. I found the original cd and installed the drivers. Now, after the windows screen, everything goes black - the operating system is still running in the background, and if I type my password in I can hear everything start up but I cant see it. Any help?

Try booting in Safe Mode. This should allow you to have a video display and operate the system.

Then you can try to reinstall the correct drivers. I do not believe that you have..even though you tried already.

"no matter what media player I used it comes up in only 16 colours and really bright. "

When you only get 16 colors, it means that the "real" driver is not being used a default is instead. I am a bit confused by, "despite the card being set at 32bit." ????

How can you set the color depth to 32 bit, when the driver is not available. The option to do so should NOT be available to you.

True. I've found that the latest Nvidia drivers cause many problems on older cards, stick to the 60-series ones.

Selecta!

"How can you set the color depth to 32 bit, when the driver is not available. The option to do so should NOT be available to you."

It must be the new drivers that are the problem. All the display settings can be changed, its just video that wont work. I'll try an earlier driver.

Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online