video card problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sherdog

my new video card instructions advise me to configure my operating system to use a standard vga driver before installing the card. how do I do this. I am using win 98 and the card is an agp ge force 2mx 400. I tried installing it and couldnt get the system to start normally, safe mode only.

Hi,

You want to change the video driver (of your old card or new card)? Just stick your old video card back in, then boot up the system. As soon as you get into Windows, click on Start, Settings, Control Panel, then double-click Display. Go to the Settings Tab, then click on Advanced, then click on the Adapter tab, then click Change. Then click on Next, then Display a list of all drivers, then click on Show all Hardware. On the left, choose Standard Display Types, on the right choose Standard Display Adapter (VGA). That should do it. :D

I hope that helps. Please post back if I misunderstood something.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.