Video Card problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cel7230

I have a dc7100 SFF windows XP that the video card does not work. I have bought a new card and installed it and it still does not work. I took the hard drive out and put it in a different computer with the card and it works great. Is there something else I can try.

I need more info about the video card. Is it PCI or AGP or PCIe? You may have to check the BIOS settings, set it to AGP instead of PCI or vice versa.

Well, the nVidia website says that's an PCIe card. Go into your BIOS (F10 at startup) and change your default video adapter to the PCIe adapter.

cel7230

The only problem with that is that I cannot see anything on the screen to go into the bios.

cel7230

It does have an onboard video port that is not working thats why I bought the new video card.

cel7230

I have not tried a different power supply. Could that be the problem even though its running?

have you tried resetting the bios??? Because it is probably set to AGP instead of PCI in the bios and you need to reset that option.

not sure cell, i'm not an expert, I did stumble on your thread whilst looking for advice about power supplys, coz I know my power supply isnt good enough to run a good graph card.

i got the impresion yours wasnt working, just out of interest tho, what is your max output wattage?

Keith

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online