1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Card Purchase Info

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by golferguy, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. golferguy

golferguy Thread Starter

Good day all, My son wishes to purchase a video card for his computer (doesn't want help from the old man). Being a teen, his funds are on the short side. What type of 128MB video card would give him very good results on a budget of $150 or less. He plays COD/all Battlefields/Wolfenstein/MOH online. Current computer has a 64MB AGP card.

Thanks, Golferguy

2. n2gun

n2gun

You should be able to pick up a fx5200 with 256 meg ram for about $100 or less. With the games he is playing I would recommend 256 meg over the 128 meg. It will run smoother.

3. golferguy

golferguy Thread Starter

n2gun,
    Does it matter what brand? For example Chaintech, PNY, Apollo. These are some of the cards on NewEgg.com.

Golferguy

4. n2gun

n2gun

I would try to stick to a name brand. I have a pny and am very happy with it. I got it at Circuit City and the 1st one was bad and they exchanged with no problem. It may cost a little more locally but if you have a problem they will exchange without having to wait on shipping times or a RMA number.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323928

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice