1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video card question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by syxxpak69er, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. syxxpak69er

syxxpak69er Thread Starter

Can anyone tell me what is the best video card for taking screen captures. I run a fan based website and take weekly caps of the celebrity to share with the members. I am using an Nvidia Geforce2 MX/MX 400 graphics card right now. The caps I do now seem to come out blurry and distorted at times. I have tried fixing the cable wire with no results. Any information would be great. Thank you in advance.

2. winbob

winbob

If I understand correctly what you are doing, you have a TV card with cable attached, and are doing screen capture of the video image?

Well you have to remember the old adage, 'that a copy will never be better than the original'.

A video image has a frame rate that is not as high as the Monitor's refresh rate. So when you "capture" the screen of a moving image it may very well be blurred, and/or not well focused. Fortunately for the movie watcher your perception makes up for the blur and the compensated image your mind gives you is motion, not blur.

If you take a PHOTO of a TV screen you can actually 'capture' a partial image due to its low refresh and frame rate. You have to go about 1/30 second to guarantee a full image.

So, your best bet is to trigger the capture on a stationary image that is in the foreground (in focus).

3. syxxpak69er

syxxpak69er Thread Starter

Well the reason why i ask this, is because I know a lot of other webmasters/webmistress that take caps and they look awesome. I mena there clear with no problems to them. So this is why I wanted to know if it was my TV card.

4. winbob

winbob

Well perhaps the original video is very high quality, or they are using some other trick that you and I arent aware of??? Have you asked them?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329716

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice